The following stores are holding special shopping hours for senior citizens and other vulnerable populations. This list will be updated frequently.
THIS LIST IS AS OF 12:00 PM ON 03.24.2020.
Senior Services is serving as a pass-through for this important information; this list was not written by our staff. Check back often for any changes/updates.
- ALDI – 8:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays; the first hour is reserved for vulnerable shoppers
- Caputo’s – Tues/Weds/Thurs, 6:00am – 7:30am, for seniors and immunocompromised
- Costco – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:00am – 9:00am
- County Market – 6:00am – 8:00am
- Dollar General – First hour of operations daily dedicated to seniors; closing an hour earlier to clean
- Food 4 Less – Senior citizen shopping is designated for Tuesday/Friday, 7:30am – 8:00 am
- Heinen’s – 8:00am – 9:00am daily
- Illinois Valley Food & Deli – 7:00am – 9:00am, 7 days a week for elderly and immunocompromised
- Jewel-Osco – Priority shopping on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:00am – 9:00am
- Kroger – 7:00am – 8:00am, Monday through Thursday
- Local Market Foods – 6:00am – 7:00am daily
- Mariano’s – 6:00am – 8:00am daily
- Meijer – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00am – 8:00am
- Pete’s Fresh Market – 7:00am – 8:00am Monday through Friday
- Shop & Save Market – 6:00am-7:00am daily.
- Sunset Foods – 7:00am – 8:00am
- Target – First hour each Wednesday; closing at 9:00pm daily so stores to replenish/deep clean
- Tony’s – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:00am – 9:00am
- Trader Joe’s – Until further notice, stores will be open from 9:00am until 7:00pm
- Walgreens – 8:00am – 9:00am on Tuesdays
- Walmart – Hour-long senior shopping every Tuesday, including pharmacies and Vision Centers
- Whole Foods – Serving seniors one-hour before opening to the general public
- Valli Produce – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:00am – 8:00am for seniors, beginning March 31