Five positions available in Kane and McHenry Counties
Please note which position you are applying for in your application submission.
McHenry County Crystal Lake Office
Spanish Speaking Information & Assistance Specialist
Kane County Elgin Office
Spanish Speaking Information & Assistance Specialist
Kane County Aurora Office
Care Coordinator, Spanish Speaking Information & Assistance Specialist.
Bachelor degree required in Human Services field; Social Work, Psychology or Nursing. Bilingual Spanish preferred (reading, writing & speaking).
All five positions provide the following to clients 60 years of age and older in Kane County through:
- Assessment of client needs.
- Information & Assistance will guide clients by
- referring to appropriate resources
- Completion of Medicaid/Food Stamp Applications
- Completion of Benefit Access Applications
- Provide Medicare Planning
- Develop and implement care plan
- Make referral to appropriate case management services.
- Assist clients in accessing needed services (internal and/or external)
Information and Assistance/Care Coordinator Case Aid- Bilingual/Spanish Speaking- Full time position.
This is a dual position working part-time as an Information and Assistance Case Manager and part-time as a Care Coordinator Case Aid. This position will:
- provides information on opportunities and services available to the individuals within their community,
- assess the problems and capacities of individuals, and link the available services and resources with the individuals.
- assist with daily activities such as providing information to clients via telephone,
- assist Care Coordinators with compiling information on social, personal, financial, or medical history
- assist Care Coordinators with preparation of forms to put services in place.
Applicant must possess the following:
- Good time management and excellent organizational skills.
- Must have exceptional customer services qualities.
- Computer skills – Word, Outlook, Excel, be able to navigate the internet to look up information, and complete electronically documentation via the internet.
- Must have good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to multitask while keeping the proper priorities in place.
Educational Requirements: Must have a BA/BS in Social Worker related fields.
Bi-lingual/Spanish is a must.
For more information, please contact Senior Services Associates at 847-741-0404 and ask for Laura Gnutek or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Abuse Investigator/Care Coordinator
Seeking an Abuse Investigator to work with Adult Protective services program investigating allegations of abuse in Northern Kane County. This full-time position serving seniors citizens and disabled adults ages 18-59. A Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field such as; Social work, Psychology or Nursing is required.
Please email your resume to: Dan Gutierrez, Adult Protective Supervisor at email@example.com
McHenry County Transportation Coordinator
Part-time with Benefits
In order to help seniors throughout McHenry County remain independent and in their own homes, Senior Services manages a Transportation Program.
The coordinator will work closely with seniors eligible for the program; those who are 60 plus and unable to drives themselves to “needs based” appointments. Will be responsible for client intakes, scheduling and assignment of the ride request to a willing volunteer, as well as acting as a referral source for participants for which the program is not appropriate.
The appropriate candidate will be responsible for recruiting, screening and training Transportation Program Volunteers throughout McHenry County.
Additionally, collection of data, completion of reports and calculation of mileage reimbursements is a necessary duty, must be proficient in Excel.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient computer skills are necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive rapport with volunteers, senior citizens, colleagues and supervisors.
Salary is based on experience.
Please email your resume to: Dan Gutierrez, Adult Protective Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aurora Community Ombudsman (CO)
General Description: A person who works full-time (35-40 hours/week) to perform the functions of the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP). This person shall have no duties in the provider agency outside the scope of the LTCOP as defined by the Illinois Department on Aging and federal law.
Reports To The Regional Ombudsman
- Undergraduate degree from a four year college or university.; or
- Must have achieved the equivalent of three (3) years of full-time work experience with at least two years in advocacy, aging, social services, health care or related fields. Comparable experience may be substituted at the discretion of the IDOA.
- Community Ombudsman orientation facilitated by the State Long term Care Ombudsman.
- Level I Training, which includes, but is not limited to, the basic modules of The Long Term Care Ombudsman Program, Residents’ Rights, Ombudsman Approach to Problem Solving, Policy Considerations, Problem Solving and Resolution.
- Peer mentoring which includes a minimum of four (4) hours of directly supervised on-site mentoring by the Regional Ombudsman. During mentoring, activities are to be performed with residents in one or more long term care facilities and shall respond to inquiries, complaint intake, investigation, and resolution activities. This also includes instructions on documenting Ombudsman activities in online portal.
- Level II Training, which includes but is not limited to, the advanced modules of the complaint process through IDPH & HFS, Medicare and Medicaid, Obtaining Medical Records, Involuntary Discharges, and Person Centered Care.
- Peer mentoring assistance with the Regional Ombudsman (RO).
- Volunteer Recruitment.
- Trainings regarding our online portal documentation system.
Employee will be housed in the Aurora office, but primarily work with our licensed facilities in Elgin.